Database "server" to handle ini-files

Discussion of future versions / Обсуждение будущих версий системы
jep

Database "server" to handle ini-files

Postby jep » Tue Jun 24, 2008 14:33

Hello,

how whould it be if one of the database engines would be included in the system to handle e.g. ini files such as os2.ini and os2sys.ini?

I guess that the ini procedures that are available now has been based on some early db strategy, why not extend it futher?!

A "problem" though is that the engines MySQL and PostgreSQL produce alot of files and not a tidy one that conatin all the info as Sybase SQL Anywhere that's much better at that, a neat and tidy database.db and the optional database.log if one want to.

Guess that users would be more interested to try them out and see to that they're up to date. Use of it togheter with OpenOffice apps, web servers and of course ordinary database apps wouldn't hurt either. I'm sure there are many more possible ways to use such a solution then.

//Jan-Erik
Med vänliga hälsningar / With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
//Jan-Erik Larka

flywheel

Re: Database "server" to handle ini-files

Postby flywheel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 21:14

jep wrote:Hello,

how whould it be if one of the database engines would be included in the system to handle e.g. ini files such as os2.ini and os2sys.ini?

I guess that the ini procedures that are available now has been based on some early db strategy, why not extend it futher?!

A "problem" though is that the engines MySQL and PostgreSQL produce alot of files and not a tidy one that conatin all the info as Sybase SQL Anywhere that's much better at that, a neat and tidy database.db and the optional database.log if one want to.

Guess that users would be more interested to try them out and see to that they're up to date. Use of it togheter with OpenOffice apps, web servers and of course ordinary database apps wouldn't hurt either. I'm sure there are many more possible ways to use such a solution then.

//Jan-Erik

Now this sounds interesting - how about a modified SQLite ?
Live long and prosper...

cris

Re: Database "server" to handle ini-files

Postby cris » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35

flywheel wrote:Now this sounds interesting - how about a modified SQLite ?

Why modified? I think it could be used as-is without problems. However, it should be investigated how that would compare performance-wise with the current implementation, and what the real advantages are.

Bye
Cris

Return to “Perfect eComStation / Будущая идеальная eCS”