Perfect eComStation -- Full multilanguage

Discussion of future versions / Обсуждение будущих версий системы
Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Perfect eComStation -- Full multilanguage

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Sun Feb 24, 2008 16:02

Date: 2008/02/24

There are separate NLV versions of eComStation: International english, deutch, spanish, .. It's impossible switch Spanish language to dutch.

Todo:
* all applications should support multi-language,
* To simplify the development, the resources should be represented as simple text strings
* don't use .msg, use LANGE -- http://ecomstation.ru/lange

martini

Postby martini » Mon Feb 25, 2008 02:10

I will agreed with this suggestion. But I will cool to have an community spirit behind this. Possible a system on where the community (simple users) can also join to help translate eCS to any language.

martini

Postby martini » Mon Feb 25, 2008 20:32

By the way, currently there are applications that change language according to the Language Setting Country you set up on eComStation. For example Doodle Screen Saver and CADH.

I think that the idea but it should be promoted and extended to all eComStation applications. Possible a tutorial with recommendation for how developers can do that will be desirable too.

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Sat Mar 08, 2008 00:40

hmm...

it's very important to run the translation of system components in parallel. Today: the translators receive eCS v.new GA and start the translation, this requires N monthes. This is wrong approach. The translators should work during the whole year, translating LANGE .nls files.

Ideal situation: When eCS IE GA is published, all other eCS NLV versions are ready too.

jep

Postby jep » Tue Mar 11, 2008 09:29

I'd be most happy if all of eCS could be transferred to and from one format + one only would have e.g. a database to work against as translator and then extract translations to create e.g. LANGEfiles.

Different frmats and different procedures to handle each package discourage me from helping.

Hmm, UNICode Support has to be implemented, Alex Taylor seems to be the "Guru" in that field.

//Jan-Erik
Med vänliga hälsningar / With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
//Jan-Erik Larka

jep

Re: Perfect eComStation -- Full multilanguage

Postby jep » Tue Jun 24, 2008 13:43

Hello,

I've isntalled Lorne Sunley's PostgreSQL 8.0 GA with PL/pgSQl support + phpPGAdmin and started to add tables, views and functions.

I've also written some scripts to fetch translations from various sources on the net that I intend to use when adding data
e.g.
InterGlot
Google translate
etc.

Would be nice if you can help me write a function that can parse strings efficiently :D

If you're interested to have a look, just write me and I'll give you the details at

jan - erik at-thingie xn -- lrka - loa dot com
Med vänliga hälsningar / With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

//Jan-Erik Larka

Return to “Perfect eComStation / Будущая идеальная eCS”