eSchemes 1.47

Under the impression of eSchemes
David Graser

eSchemes 1.47

Postby David Graser » Sat May 17, 2008 04:57

I have been developing a couple of eSchemes.

I have 2 questions that need answering.

1. Does titlebar bitmaps work? I was unable to get them to work with 1.46.

2. Does changing the system sounds work when changed in the index.sch? Try as I might, I have been unable to get my new sounds to work.

David

prokushev

Re: eSchemes 1.47

Postby prokushev » Thu May 22, 2008 04:39

1. Yes. Bitmaps titlebars works fine here. You can send me titlebar bitmap and I'll check thats wrong.
2. Sounds also must work. At least we don't touched nothing according sounds in last version. I'll check this issue today and answer you.
wbr,
Yuri

prokushev

Postby prokushev » Thu May 22, 2008 04:41

BTW, we interested in your schemes. We can publish them on eSchemes page or link to your page/site.
wbr,

Yuri

David Graser

Postby David Graser » Thu May 22, 2008 23:09

I will test titlebar bimaps again when I get a chance.

I would upload the scheme, however, I cannot read the Russian text to determine which buttons to do it. When I use Seamonkey's translate, It says I can't translate English to English.

David

David Graser

Postby David Graser » Fri May 23, 2008 20:04

Yuri

I sent the eScheme to Eugene to give to you to test and post. Feel free to modify as you so choose.

David

David Graser

Postby David Graser » Sat May 24, 2008 12:03

Several things I noticed.

I reinstalled eCS 2.0 rc4 and then installed the latest base drivers before installing eSchemes 1.47.

The eScheme Palette folder was not created in the Appearance folder. I installed 1.47 several times and noeScheme Palette folder was ever created. I ended up dragging a shadow from my drives folder to the desktop.

There appears to be a problem with

ButtonMiddle=

in the index.sch. When switching themes, its color does not normally change like it should. However, if the system crashes, upon bootup the ButtonMiddle color changes to the color it should be. If I shut down the system improperly, bootup, run unimaint or cleanini, and then reapply the theme, the ButtonMiddle button changes as it should be. This is the only setting I noticed where the colors are not applied as they should be.

David Graser

Postby David Graser » Sun May 25, 2008 20:28

OK, what I had failed to realize is that some of the setting are not applied unless the computer is restarted. Once restarted, all the settings are changed. So when the them is changed, not all the new theme settings change at that time. A reboot is requiried. I had made an assumption that all the theme setting change when a theme is changed. However, they are only applied. The complete process takes a reboot, not a WPS restart.

By the way, I check titlebar bitmaps. It does work. However, my testing revealed it applies only the system default titlebar bitmap. I was unable to get it to use the titlebar bitmap I created.

David

David Graser

Postby David Graser » Tue Jun 03, 2008 00:43

After making a few simple eScheme, I have some suggestions for future feature enhancements.

What would greatly enhance eSchemes is gradient and/or possibly bitmap capability for the following items.

SYSCLR_FieldBackround
SYSCLR_DialogBackground

SYSCLR_ButtonMiddle no longer used for CheckBox and Radio text backgrounds. Give this background its own setting or tie this background to the SYSCLR_DialogBackground. A new setting for the scroller would then be needed. The advantage of this is that the scroller in the scrollbar could have its own independent color.

Enhance eSchemes giving it the capability of replacing the actually scroller with a bitmap and also the up and down arrows on the scrollbar with bitmaps.

Give eSchemes the capability of using rounded bitmaps. I know from communicating with Allesandro a few years ago that the problem is a bug in one of the components of the operating system. He said it could be worked around, but why should he go to all the trouble when IBM should have been the one to fix it.

Return to “WPS: eSchemes”