eSchemes does not apply colors when...

Under the impression of eSchemes
cris

eSchemes does not apply colors when...

Postby cris » Mon Dec 10, 2007 20:24

Hi all.

First of all a little prologue to understand what I am talking about:

- I will name "eScheme" a scheme belonging to the new, enhanced scheme palette provided by eCO-Software eSchemes package.

- I will name "Scheme" (with no "e", but capitalized) a scheme from the original OS/2 scheme palette.

- I will use "scheme" (no "e", no capital letter) as a generic term

So let's go on:

Problem in summary:
I have a problem with eSchemes not applying colors to windows that had previously had a Scheme dropped on them.

Detailed explanation:
The first time I installed eSchemes on my notebook I had a conflict with another component, the WPS crashed, and as a result a lot of controls turned black. So, even after rebooting, I could not see what I was doing (black fonts on black). I disabled the conflicting component, but I could not reapply the eScheme because I could not see the "apply" menu choice. But I succeded in dropping a Scheme on a couple windows that, in turn, allowed me to see enough to reapply the eScheme. After another reboot I had the system back into operation, *BUT* the windows on which I had dropped the Scheme did not change color according to the eScheme.

What can I do?
How can I reset those windows to the default state so that they will accept the colors set by eSchemes?

I'll add a screenshot later.

Thankyou
Bye
Cris

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Mon Dec 10, 2007 20:41

http://ecomstation.ru/projects/eschemes/?action=faq

eSchemes FAQ ->

Q18: I dropped orange color to Status line. How to reset the color?
A18: Open regedit2.exe. Find keys "lSBBgndColor" and/or "lSBTextColor".
Delete both keys. Restart WPS.
HINI_USER_PROFILE -> XWorkPlace -> lSBBgndColor

Please create .cmd which resets all such colors.. Many users need this..

cris

Postby cris » Tue Dec 11, 2007 00:23

Hi Eugene,
thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I think we're not talking about the same thing. You're talking about an XWP private setting (the statusbar color), while I am talking about a WPS setting (the border, menu, end other colors of a single folder).

See the screenshot and I think you'll understand:

As you can see the background window has different colors with respect to what has been set by the eScheme.

Bye
Cris

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Tue Dec 11, 2007 01:02

Can you download eCo Toys scheme from the site again and apply it? Maybe you have modified it by mistake

cris

Postby cris » Tue Dec 11, 2007 23:34

Eugene,
I redownloaded and reapplied eCOToys at least three times, just to be sure.
It's not a problem in eCOToys, and not a problem in eSchemes. If you carefully look at the screenshot you'll see that the eScheme is correctly applied to all windows BUT the one in background. THAT windows does not have the correct colors because it is one of the windows on which I dropped a Scheme (old OS/2 Scheme). It seems these windows remember the colors somehow, and since they are different from the default they are not reset when you apply an eScheme. I think the colors are saved somwhere in the INIs or in the EAs or in the setup string. I have to do some more experiments to understand it well. I think I have found something in the setup string, but it is not enough. If I find out more I'll let you know.
I only hoped you already had the answer.

Bye
Cris

Return to “WPS: eSchemes”