Increase icon size

Under the impression of eSchemes
cris

Increase icon size

Postby cris » Wed Sep 20, 2006 13:02

Hi Yuri,
the "increase icon size" feature is simply GREAT!!!!
Thankyou, I always wanted this feature... I opened an "OS/2 World" bounty about this... I think you can get the money if you add support for icons (see below). The bounty is at http://www.os2world.com/cgi-bin/news/vi ... 1135187619
Presently it is only 60$, but if we publish an announce saying that the bounty is about to be claimed it will probably increase (I would surely donate some more money).

With the "increase icon size" we don't need the "light table" folders anymore... we can turn normal folders into light tables on the fly, and it is even more customizable! We're on par (or better) with WinXP here.

However the "increase icon size" feature works only with images... it doesn't work with icons. I tried enlarging the icons size to about 120x120, then updating one of the icons in the folder to include a 64x64 frame. However, I only see the 40x40 frame centered in the 120x120 square.

To claim the bounty you would need to add full support for icons.

If I may sugges an enhancement, it would be nice if it would be possible to directly set a desired size (for example through setup strings), instead of having to repeatedly choose "increase...".

Maybe this could be a feature for eSchemes Deluxe?

Thankyou!!
Bye

Cris

Gabriele

Re: Increase icon size

Postby Gabriele » Sun Sep 24, 2006 13:28

cris wrote:Hi Yuri,
the "increase icon size" feature is simply GREAT!!!!

Is it from eschemes-deluxe package? I can't find it, it is embarassing :-)

cris wrote:Thankyou, I always wanted this feature... I opened an "OS/2 World" bounty about this... I think you can get the money if you add support for icons (see below). The bounty is at http://www.os2world.com/cgi-bin/news/vi ... 1135187619
Presently it is only 60$, but if we publish an announce saying that the bounty is about to be claimed it will probably increase (I would surely donate some more money).

Me too!

bye
Gabriele

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Sun Sep 24, 2006 13:44

Gabriele!

We offer only one feature. Look at this screenshot

No increase icon size in current version :)

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Sun Sep 24, 2006 13:48

So, what is Cris speaking about? Again, I can't find it :-)

prokushev

Postby prokushev » Sun Sep 24, 2006 14:40

I also don't understand. Yes. We have in nearest plans to add thumbnails to folder (like MMFolder does), but not started work on it yet.

Cris, can you explain more? May be you talk about MMFolder standard feature?
wbr,
Yuri

cris

Postby cris » Mon Sep 25, 2006 09:57

prokushev wrote:I also don't understand. Yes. We have in nearest plans to add thumbnails to folder (like MMFolder does), but not started work on it yet.

Hi Yuri, Gabriele,
I'm talking about eSchemes 1.35. Previously I did not notice this menu choice. Afer installing eSchemes 1.35, I opened the "View" menu to activate the preview window, and I saw this "Increase icon size" menu choice.
I took it for granted that it came from eSchemes... are you saying it's not your work? It could then be something introduced by WPSWizard...

Bye
Cris

prokushev

Postby prokushev » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:15

cris wrote:
prokushev wrote:I also don't understand. Yes. We have in nearest plans to add thumbnails to folder (like MMFolder does), but not started work on it yet.

Hi Yuri, Gabriele,
I'm talking about eSchemes 1.35. Previously I did not notice this menu choice. Afer installing eSchemes 1.35, I opened the "View" menu to activate the preview window, and I saw this "Increase icon size" menu choice.
I took it for granted that it came from eSchemes... are you saying it's not your work? It could then be something introduced by WPSWizard...

Bye
Cris

No. This is not eSchemes or eSchemes Deluxe things. May it is Chris's addon.
wbr,

Yuri

cris

Postby cris » Mon Sep 25, 2006 13:06

prokushev wrote:No. This is not eSchemes or eSchemes Deluxe things. May it is Chris's addon.

Hi Yuri,
I can now confirm it is a function of WPSWizard 0.5.2. Note that v0.5.2 has not been released to the public, but there is an updated DLL on Netlabs that can be installed on top of v0.5.1.

I am BTW interested in the same function being integrated in eSchemes, since I am not sure about the state of development of WPSWizard.

Thankyou!

Bye
Cris

Return to “WPS: eSchemes”