eSchemes Deluxe 20070409

Under the impression of eSchemes
Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Mon Apr 16, 2007 18:15

prokushev wrote:
Gabriele wrote:
Eugene Gorbunoff wrote:yee.. I start to remember.. you are using new eSchemes Deluxe and old eSchemes. Do you? If update eSchemes then traps in SOM.DLL disappear..

Hi Eugene, I installed eSchemes-Deluxe-3-5-alpha3.ZIP and then d-3-5-a4.ZIP on eCS 2.0 beta 3. As some crashes happened here too, I tried to update eSChemes but the latest I find is eSchemes-20061112.wpi, that seems a bit old.

Can you tell more about crashes?

1) I have a couple of JPGs that can cause immediate WPS crash when in a folder with Preview function activated
2) This is not a crash, just strange: I use extended association by XWP; files of PDF type are associated to Lucide (and have Lucide icons). As soon as I click on a PDF with right mouse button, its icon changes and its default "Open as" menu action becomes "Open properties", while Lucide is the second option.

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Mon Apr 16, 2007 18:27

Some more ideas:

1) Would be nice having preview window available also for XWP split view, maybe with a hot key to activate / deactivate it
2) When you look at a DLL, the Description field should be wrapped.

Last:

[LANGE]
NO_PREVIEW=Nessuna anteprima
NO_OBJECTS_SELECTED=Nessun oggetto selezionato
SHOWONLYFOLDERS=Mostra solo le ~cartelle
ENABLEPREVIEW=Finestra anteprima

:-)

prokushev

Postby prokushev » Mon Apr 16, 2007 18:48

Thanks for translation.

According freezes I still can't reproduce it. Same according crashes with JPGs. Will try to find such situation as you have. BTW, you have XPW. Isn't it?
wbr,
Yuri

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Mon Apr 16, 2007 20:32

prokushev wrote:Thanks for translation.

According freezes I still can't reproduce it. Same according crashes with JPGs. Will try to find such situation as you have. BTW, you have XPW. Isn't it?

Yes, I have xworkplace with turbo folders installed. I could send you the JPG, but I just crashed the WPS trying to preview a PNG, so this is not related to that file...

cris

Postby cris » Wed Apr 18, 2007 16:56

Hi,
I have tried the latest eSchemes Deluxe (alpha 4) on my eCS system at home, that was highly unstable.
I am pleased to say that this version is MUCH more stable: I can now browse any folder without problems. I haven't seen a trap in SOM.DLL since upgrading.

However I am still able to crash the WPS sometimes when activating preview... I still have to exactly trace the culprit, but for now I'd say that previewing PDFs has a higher chance of crashing the WPS.

These crashes are quite strange: nothing in POPUPLOG.OS2 (or any other log, for that matter); WPS restarts itself, but then the screensaver kicks in immediately (I have NOT set the screensaver to start at boot). At this point I can still restart with C-A-D, but if I unlock the screensaver, the system locks up so hardly that C-A-D doesn't work anymore. The screensaver is Doodle's (latest release... 1.7.5 IIRC). I'll have to check if there's some kind of incompatibility with Doodle'S.S. replacement class and eSchemes Deluxe.

I will keep you informed.

Thankyou!
Bye

Cris

David Graser

Postby David Graser » Thu Apr 19, 2007 20:54

Eugene Gorbunoff wrote:btw, did you upgraded eSchemes Deluxe?
http://en.ecomstation.ru/apecs.php?action=item&id=996

I have had similar lockups. Opening the Templates folder seems to trigger it on my eCS 1.2MR volumn. It is usually after I open the templates folder that my system becomes unstable which usually forces me to reboot. I have gotten to where I try to avoid the Templates folder when I have eShemes installed..

David

Return to “WPS: eSchemes”