eSchemes 1.28 and 1.29

Under the impression of eSchemes
cris

eSchemes 1.28 and 1.29

Postby cris » Thu Aug 24, 2006 18:22

Hi all.
I installed eSchemes 1.28 over 1.27 (or was it 1.26), and it complained about not being able to create a shadow of the folder "eschemes palette" under C:\ecs\system. I checked, and I had c:\ecs\system\eschemes", not "eschemes palette". After renaming the folder it worked.

Now I install v1.29, and it created "c:\ecs\system\eschemes" again! And it is using that instead of c:\ecs\system\eschemes palette".

Also v.129 isn't working at all:

-I just refreshed all the schemes downloading from the site, just to be sure. But eschemes 1.29 can't show two of the schemes (it shows instead something that look like a "default" scheme" - the same for both). 1.28 showed them without problem.

-If I apply one of the schemes the colors are applied, but everything that pertains to the old estyler (titlebar enhancements, titlebar gradients, button gradients, titlebar controls, etc.) is not applied, even after reboot. Even after a couple of re-applications.

-Another problem is that I found a lot of files with extension *.wav#100 in the root of the boot drive. All 0 bytes long. Also a file "moe" (IIRC) which contained NLS strings.

It seems to me that recent releases are getting worse... maybe I should completely deinstall eSchemes and reinstall from scratch? I have always done upgrades.

Thankyou!
Bye

Cris

hjpol

Eschemes v1.29

Postby hjpol » Thu Aug 24, 2006 19:53

Hi ,
I try also to installed eschemes over 1.28 or 1.27 , and it even refuse to install..

Complains that it could not create someting, i made a screenshot of it, i abort install :(

What to do now????

And how to get image in here ?[/url]

prokushev

Re: Eschemes v1.29

Postby prokushev » Fri Aug 25, 2006 08:20

hjpol wrote:Hi ,
I try also to installed eschemes over 1.28 or 1.27 , and it even refuse to install..

Complains that it could not create someting, i made a screenshot of it, i abort install :(

What to do now????

And how to get image in here ?[/url]

Try 1.30.
wbr,
Yuri

cris

eSchemes 1.30

Postby cris » Fri Aug 25, 2006 13:53

Hi Yuri,
I tried upgrading to 1.30.
Unfortunately, all my reports about 1.29 still hold true.
The installation went smoothly this time (no error about shadow creation), but everything else is broken.

I noticed one thing: now it creates the "c:\ecs\system\scheme palette" folder upon installation, but then when you try to apply a scheme, it creates a new "c:\ecs\system\schemes" folder, and it places there an "active" subdirectory containing all the resources of the applied scheme. The resources are there, they are right, but the scheme is mostly NOT applied (only mouse pointers and some colors apply).

Also, the shadow in "System Setup -> Appearence" is created without the SHOWPREVIEW property. I had to apply it manually. Also the folder icon is the normal one, but looking at the WPI I think this is not intended.

Hope this helps...
Bye

Cris

prokushev

Re: eSchemes 1.30

Postby prokushev » Fri Aug 25, 2006 14:10

cris wrote:Hi Yuri,
I tried upgrading to 1.30.
Unfortunately, all my reports about 1.29 still hold true.
The installation went smoothly this time (no error about shadow creation), but everything else is broken.

I noticed one thing: now it creates the "c:\ecs\system\scheme palette" folder upon installation, but then when you try to apply a scheme, it creates a new "c:\ecs\system\schemes" folder, and it places there an "active" subdirectory containing all the resources of the applied scheme. The resources are there, they are right, but the scheme is mostly NOT applied (only mouse pointers and some colors apply).

Also, the shadow in "System Setup -> Appearence" is created without the SHOWPREVIEW property. I had to apply it manually. Also the folder icon is the normal one, but looking at the WPI I think this is not intended.

Hope this helps...
Bye

Cris

Check, please temp directory for file pmwres.dll file. If such file exists then I know where th problem with partal scheme apply.

According Scheme directory. I try to find correct place for active scheme files. While it in SYSTEM dir, but it seems it must be in user home dir.

According SHOWPREVIEW. string and icon. It is known shadow can't be used to set directory preferences. I need to do some experiments to make this things on.
wbr,

Yuri

cris

Postby cris » Fri Aug 25, 2006 17:15

prokushev wrote:Check, please temp directory for file pmwres.dll file. If such file exists then I know where th problem with partal scheme apply.

Yuri,
I looked everywhere on my disks. I searched "pm*res*.dll", but I didn't find any PMWRES.DLL.
I have a couple copies of PMMRGRES.DLL, but I don't think this is what you were looking for.

HTH
Bye

Cris

prokushev

Postby prokushev » Sat Aug 26, 2006 08:17

cris wrote:
prokushev wrote:Check, please temp directory for file pmwres.dll file. If such file exists then I know where th problem with partal scheme apply.

Yuri,
I looked everywhere on my disks. I searched "pm*res*.dll", but I didn't find any PMWRES.DLL.
I have a couple copies of PMMRGRES.DLL, but I don't think this is what you were looking for.

HTH
Bye

Cris

Is exist copy of PMMRGRES.DLL in temp directory? If yes, try delete it and reapply scheme.

BTW, is NLS things works better?
wbr,

Yuri

cris

Postby cris » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:02

prokushev wrote:Is exist copy of PMMRGRES.DLL in temp directory? If yes, try delete it and reapply scheme.

Deleted. Nothing changed.
Please see new thread about v1.33.

Bye
Cris

Return to “WPS: eSchemes”