jfs 3/26 problems

Bootable JFS, bugs and suggestions
abwillis

jfs 3/26 problems

Postby abwillis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 16:38

I found that certain path/filenames were not valid with the latest jfs release.
I had a problem with eCSMT where the file ecsmt_desc.lst was not being unzipped from the ecscntl.zip file. Then I found that I could not launch Lotus Notes because e:\lotusw4\notes\data was not being found correctly somehow. Neither of these alone made me think of the jfs update but then I went to do a cvs pull for Mozilla and almost immediately got an error that e:\cvs\work\mozilla\.cvsignore was not valid. The three issues then dawned on me that they were related and I backed out to the 3/17 release and the problems went away.
There was no error on the first issue, ecsmt_desc.lst just didn't appear when I unzipped the file but it was in the zip file (I was able to copy ecsmt_de.lst to ecsmt_desc.lst without error).
The second case just gave me a Lotus Notes Error that the data directory could not be found.
The third one was an invalid filename if I remember correctly but unfortunately I wasn't able to get logged on here due to my id issues. I can reproduce it later this week for an exact error message.
Thanks,
Andy

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Fri Apr 21, 2006 13:28

Thank you for report.

Yes, JFS.IFS with fixes for 4OS2 is bad. Please, restore previous version of JFS driver. Let's wait for the next version of JFS.IFS

Return to “JFS.IFS for eComStation”