acpibattery.exe

Discussion of ACPI driver (Power management, multi-processor support, PnP)
Gabriele

acpibattery.exe

Postby Gabriele » Thu Apr 20, 2006 15:24

Sorry it this is not strictly ACPI driver related! I just installed eCS 2.0 beta 2 on a notebook and I need some sort of control over battery status.
I find acpibattery.exe that seems working: running it I get lot of information about battery status. BUT, it seems updated just when you boot the system!
I now get, for example: "Battery status: battery [*] is charging", and it is true. But if I remove the AC plug, it still says "Battery is charging"! I need to reboot to get the "Battery is discharging" message... what I'm doing wrong?

Bye and thank you for what already done!

Gabriele

[*] in fact, it says "buttery" :-)

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:29

Maybe, this is a bug.. let's wait for GPE. Then let's look at the problem again.

Pasha writes:
The batteries understand that discharge started not immediately.. but in few minutes. Wait for the next version of ACPI driver with support of GPE (General Purpose Event = acpi events). This will allow us monitor the moment of AC plug/unplug.

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:37

Eugene Gorbunoff wrote:Maybe, this is a bug.. let's wait for GPE. Then let's look at the problem again.

Eugene, thank you! I'll wait for GPE and in the meantime I'll do what asked for in tester.doc :-)

Best wishes
Gabriele

Gabriele

Any news

Postby Gabriele » Thu May 18, 2006 18:07

Eugene Gorbunoff wrote:Maybe, this is a bug.. let's wait for GPE. Then let's look at the problem again.

Pasha writes:
The batteries understand that discharge started not immediately.. but in few minutes. Wait for the next version of ACPI driver with support of GPE (General Purpose Event = acpi events). This will allow us monitor the moment of AC plug/unplug.

Hello, any news about managing battery status? It's really hard to use the laptop when you have to reboot any time you want to see battery status :-)
Also very beta level software is welcomed here!

Best wishes
Gabriele

Gabriele

Works now!

Postby Gabriele » Tue May 23, 2006 18:40

Pasha writes:

In fact, with ACPI and APM from acpi20060520.zip battery acpibattery.exe works fine!
I installed the battery widget for XWP and that one works fine, as Power object too.
Only, there is no indication of remaining battery life status, ("still xx minutes remaining" like it was with old IBM's APM.

Return to “ACPI for eComStation”