A8N-E + ACPI 3.02 works with SMP IFF...

Discussion of ACPI driver (Power management, multi-processor support, PnP)
Alan Beagley

A8N-E + ACPI 3.02 works with SMP IFF...

Postby Alan Beagley » Sat Sep 15, 2007 05:27

Asus A8N-E motherboard, AMD dual-core CPU, ATI X1050 video, Adaptec U160 SCSI adapter.

It works if I add the /!NOD parameter to the PSD=ACPI.PSD line, but none of the ACPI utilities work.

A few versions ago I was instructed to remove the /!NOD parameter that I had been using, and that allowed the machine to work. But now the only way to get it to work with the latest ACPI is by reinstating the /!NOD parameter. But the .docs say that if I have the /!NOD parameter I need the line

BASEDEV=ACPICA.ADD

but there is no new version of that file with ACPI 3.01 and 3.02. If I use the one from 3.00 the utilities do not work. If I COPY ACPICA$ ACPICA.LOG I get an empty file.
Alan

Pasha

Postby Pasha » Mon Sep 17, 2007 19:28

Need for resoving problem:

1. remove os2logo from bootdrive
2. install psd from debug directory
3. boot

As freeze or trap - do photo of screen and attach here

Alan Beagley

Postby Alan Beagley » Tue Sep 18, 2007 05:48

Pasha wrote:Need for resoving problem:

3. boot

I have the photos (plural: it didn't all fit on one screen), but how do I attach them here?
Alan

Alan Beagley

Postby Alan Beagley » Tue Sep 18, 2007 06:07

Alan Beagley wrote:

3. boot

I have the photos (plural: it didn't all fit on one screen), but how do I attach them here?

I emailed them to you, Pasha, but I sent them from a different email address from the one registered here -- but still with the same sender's name. I hope that doesn't confuse matters too much.
Alan

Alan Beagley

Postby Alan Beagley » Wed Sep 19, 2007 17:22

Alan Beagley wrote:
Alan Beagley wrote:

3. boot

I emailed them to you, Pasha, but I sent them from a different email address from the one registered here -- but still with the same sender's name. I hope that doesn't confuse matters too much.

I have now discovered that many of the discussions here in the forum (including this topic) are shadowed/duplicated at netlabs, which DOES offer an "attach file" feature. However, when I tried to submit my screenshots I got a message that the files were too large. Anyway, Pasha should find the screenshots I emailed him when he returns from vacation.

In the meantime, would it help if I posted the various .log files I can generate while using ACPI 2.22, with which the machine seems to work just fine? I am assuming that this would at least indicate which devices are using which IRQs and help someone smarter than I to figure out what might have to be done to make it work with ACPI 3.0x.
Alan

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 21:54

Mooooo

goto http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/ticket/55

* user: guest
* pass: netlabs

magog96

Postby magog96 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 21:20

The ACPICA driver is still missing from newer 3.0x ACPI driver packages.

If /!NOD is still a valid switch and ACPICA.ADD is still needed please add the driver again to the ACPI-Package.
If this driver is no longer needed because the ACPICA.ADD functionality has been added to the ACPI.PSD (?) or something ---> Update the docs (one place is the ACPI-FAQ.DOC but there might be more)!

Added a ticket: http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/ticket/165

The question about the ACPICA driver just came up at OS2.org/de because a user couldn't find that driver.

Many thanks!
Kind regards,
Juergen Ulbts

Return to “ACPI for eComStation”