No ACPI with /!NOD and ACPICA.ADD

Discussion of ACPI driver (Power management, multi-processor support, PnP)
cris

No ACPI with /!NOD and ACPICA.ADD

Postby cris » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:11

Hi,
I have an nVidia based (nForce 405) motherboard with a single-core AMD cpu (Sempron 3200+).
I have followed instructions in the documentation (no snooper, no switches on ACPI.PSD), and ACPI was working correctly.
BTW, the built-in NIC had no OS/2 drivers, so nickk started to develop a driver. The driver is now ready and works perfectly, but it doesn't work with the experimental OEMHLP$ support in ACPI. So I followed the docs to disable the ACPI OEMHLP$, by adding BASEDEV=ACPICA.ADD to the top of my config.sys and adding the /!NOD switch to ACPI.PSD.
My problem now is that, although I have no error on boot and I can see the ACPI driver "banner", ACPI is not correctly initialized. Everything acts as if the ACPI driver was not loaded.
I have read every single doc in the ACPI package, but still I have not found a way to reenable ACPI. What's wrong with it?

Another question: when ACPI is running, if I do a shutdown it performs apparently correctly. But when I reboot the file system is dirty. I have read in "troubleshooting.doc" the following sentence that I don't understand:

b) If Shutdown works but filesystem is dirty then
use proper version of shutdown manager
(which is executing DosShutdown with proper parameters)

What do you mean by saying "use proper version of shutdown manager"? What should I actually do? I am doing shutdown with the XWP integrated shutdown (ACPI option enabled). Should I use eStyler's? Or what?

Thankyou
Bye
Cris

Return to “ACPI for eComStation”