Reboot problem solved

Discussion of ACPI driver (Power management, multi-processor support, PnP)
Gabriele

Reboot problem solved

Postby Gabriele » Sun May 27, 2007 16:55

Since I installed eCS 2.0 beta 4 on this Athlon64 X2 system (NVidia chipset), reboot stopped working: the pc hanged just before video BIOS with a blinking cursor. /R parameter did not help.
With version 2.22, problem is solved! And, I also appreciated a lot the .wpi install file! Please add to it also the doc files :-)

Thanks to all the developers for their great work!

Gabriele

mikeforester

Re: Reboot problem solved

Postby mikeforester » Sat Jun 02, 2007 05:46

Gabriele wrote:Since I installed eCS 2.0 beta 4 on this Athlon64 X2 system (NVidia chipset), reboot stopped working: the pc hanged just before video BIOS with a blinking cursor. /R parameter did not help.
With version 2.22, problem is solved!

Unfortunately, it only reboots sometimes for me. It seems like the longer the system has been running, the more likely it is to hang when I try to reboot. Sometimes I even get strange garbage from the video BIOS printed onscreen (ATI Radeon X800).

And I still have a problem with power-off or extended shutdown -- the drives are always dirty.
Gabriele wrote:Thanks to all the developers for their great work!

But I'll agree with that! It's come a long way! :)
-Mike

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Sat Jun 02, 2007 15:15

mikeforester wrote:
Gabriele wrote:Since I installed eCS 2.0 beta 4 on this Athlon64 X2 system (NVidia chipset), reboot stopped working: the pc hanged just before video BIOS with a blinking cursor. /R parameter did not help.

Unfortunately, it only reboots sometimes for me. It seems like the longer the system has been running, the more likely it is to hang when I try to reboot. Sometimes I even get strange garbage from the video BIOS printed onscreen (ATI Radeon X800).

And I still have a problem with power-off or extended shutdown -- the drives are always dirty.

In fact, still happens sometimes that it refuses to reboot. With previous ACPI it *always* failed to reboot. And yes, it happened also to me to see sometimes an aborted video Bios screen. By the way, I too have an Ati Radeon X800! But the reboot problem just appeared after eCS Beta4 installation...

I'll give a try to power off, as I usualy don't use it.

Bye
Gabriele

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Wed Jun 06, 2007 17:10

mikeforester wrote:

Hi Mike, I tested the extended shutdown (by XWorkplace) and I can confirm the disks are dirty at reboot. I tried selecting "Switch off using ACPI", "Switch off using APM" and with and without Switch off delay, but in any case I have check disk running at reboot.

Return to “ACPI for eComStation”