eCORT-base_20080302 - Imagination 3.10 - SunnyIcons_20080302

PCM, Piano Launchpad, My Safe, Imagination, ..
cris

eCORT-base_20080302 - Imagination 3.10 - SunnyIcons_20080302

Postby cris » Thu Mar 06, 2008 01:10

Hi,
I installed all the latest components as seen in the subject.

I still see the same exact buggy behavior as before:

- folder path is invisible (white on white?) until the window is redrawn due to some other window overlaying it

- if I click on a part of the folder path nothing happens

- I see no evidence of the "Display" submenu in any of the folder context menus I tried (it is visible only in the folder menu, which I prefer to have disabled)

- Image icons are displaying a generic icon instead of the thumbnail

Frankly, this is getting quite bad. Especially since the features were working a couple releases ago, and now things are getting worse every time.
Why you never replied to my bug reports about the previous release?
And finally, I look carefully into the archive for SunnyIcons_20080302 only to discover that all files are dated 20080202... this is the same date as the previous release!!

If you really want people to adopt what you call "NeoWPS", start paying more attention to packaging, install scripts, and bug reports! This is *payware* after all.

You published my positive comments without even asking for permission... will you please listen to bug reports too?

Bye
Cris

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Thu Mar 06, 2008 01:18

OK,

Our goal was to improve the stability. You are right, we changed many things and the behavior changed, I passed your report to the developer.

* the package has different date because it includes additional icons
* you are right, I didn't asked for permission.

* please help me to understand the color problem, does it relate to eSchemes or PNG Desktop?

cris

Postby cris » Thu Mar 06, 2008 03:12

Eugene Gorbunoff wrote:OK,
* please help me to understand the color problem, does it relate to eSchemes or PNG Desktop?

I don't know. I'll try to change the scheme to see if it's a problem with eSchemes. But I'd say no, because when that part of the window is redrawn the path is correctly shown in black.

See screenshots: number 1 is a folder just opened (path not visible); number 2 is the same folder after the context menu partially overlaid the area in which the path should appear... as you can see the path is now partially visible.

Bye
Cris

Gabriele

You need a BUGTRACKER!

Postby Gabriele » Sun Mar 09, 2008 16:03

Hi Cris,

like with previous version, I don't have your problem with path not showed, while here if you choose "Normal size" + "Gridded" + "Display folder title", first line of icons is partially covered by the path area. During the installation some minor quirks occurred, but I'm not going to report them on this forum; In fact, I had reported the very same bugs when I installed previous version. In fact, I'm not going to report further bugs until I can't verify if they are being processed or not.

Eugene, YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT A BUGTRACKER!

Choose what you prefer: Trac on Netlabs (*), or xtracker.netlabs.org (*), or install Mantis on ecomstation.ru, but please make a bugtracker available. It will make our life easier!
Bye
Gabriele

(*) please, no bull**it like "Netlabs now is Voyager only and Voyager is not eCS": it reminds me too much of T.M.'s "eCS is not OS/2"

cris

Re:

Postby cris » Thu Mar 27, 2008 13:30

Eugene Gorbunoff wrote:* you are right, I didn't asked for permission.

Eugene,
I see you removed my feedback from the NeoWPS pages. My remark was mostly out of frustration because of the lack of feedback to my bug reports.
You can add it back to the page if you feel so.

...oh, and THANK YOU for the bugtracker! It was about time!

Bye
Cris

Eugene Gorbunoff
Site Admin

Re: eCORT-base_20080302 - Imagination 3.10 - SunnyIcons_20080302

Postby Eugene Gorbunoff » Thu Mar 27, 2008 13:40

Mooo

I read the messages in the forum, but I forward all my efforts to the developers..

Return to “WPS applications and extenders”