Sunny Icons "Display" menu item

PCM, Piano Launchpad, My Safe, Imagination, ..
Gabriele

Sunny Icons "Display" menu item

Postby Gabriele » Sun Feb 10, 2008 20:29

Two questions, not just for Yuri!

1) here, SunnyIcons "Display" is present just in "View" menu from the folder menu bar.
It is not present in "View" menu in the folder contextual menu (the one that you open clicking with mouse button 2 inside the folder).
Is it just a problem of mine? Maybe there is some interaction with eWP? "Preview window" menu item, from Imagination, is present in both the "View" menus.

2) is there any way to disable the eWP-XWP similar menu items ("Small icons, As placed, Multiple columns, Single column"...) that also are in "View" menu?

cris

Re: Sunny Icons "Display" menu item

Postby cris » Wed Feb 13, 2008 01:05

Hi Gabriele!

Gabriele wrote:Two questions, not just for Yuri!

1) here, SunnyIcons "Display" is present just in "View" menu from the folder menu bar.
It is not present in "View" menu in the folder contextual menu (the one that you open clicking with mouse button 2 inside the folder).
Is it just a problem of mine? Maybe there is some interaction with eWP? "Preview window" menu item, from Imagination, is present in both the "View" menus.

I have the same issue here... among many others which I'll report about tomorrow.

Gabriele wrote:2) is there any way to disable the eWP-XWP similar menu items ("Small icons, As placed, Multiple columns, Single column"...) that also are in "View" menu?

System Setup -> Workplace Shell -> "Menu" tab -> page 2

Bye
Cris

cris

Postby cris » Thu Feb 14, 2008 00:49

I have a LOT of problems with the latest Sunny Icons and Imagination. I already reported some of these:

- "display folder title": the title is invisible until something overlays it
- "display folder title": nothing happens when clicking on it
- "display" menu: not visible in context menu (visible in folder menu)
- imagination: preview area works, but there is a lot of background activity on the disk and high CPU utilization. System is frozen for a few split seconds sometimes
- imagination: icons don't show image preview anymore (but some icons do...)

After the message from Gabriele saying it works on his system, I tested everything: date/size of DLLs, class registration, class substitution. Everything is well, so I don't really know where the problem lies.
The only difference is that I have eSchemes (the latest) installed too, while Gabriele IIRC doesn't have it.

Bye
Cris

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Thu Feb 14, 2008 21:56

cris wrote:I have a LOT of problems with the latest Sunny Icons and Imagination. I already reported some of these:

- "display folder title": the title is invisible until something overlays it
- "display folder title": nothing happens when clicking on it

works fine here, except than for root volumes, obviously.

- "display" menu: not visible in context menu (visible in folder menu)

same here

- imagination: preview area works, but there is a lot of background activity on the disk and high CPU utilization. System is frozen for a few split seconds sometimes

doesn't work here, but I have the background activity and small delay when I select the file, not so small if there are lot of files in the folder. It showed the first time after Sunny Icons installation. I think it is caused by the new PNG desktop engine. It disappears if I select "normal icons" for the folder.

- imagination: icons don't show image preview anymore (but some icons do...)

same here.

After the message from Gabriele saying it works on his system, I tested everything: date/size of DLLs, class registration, class substitution. Everything is well, so I don't really know where the problem lies.
The only difference is that I have eSchemes (the latest) installed too, while Gabriele IIRC doesn't have it.

I have :-) Currently, I just disabled estlr11.dll.

Gabriele

Re: Sunny Icons "Display" menu item

Postby Gabriele » Sun Feb 17, 2008 18:44

cris wrote:Hi Gabriele!

Gabriele wrote:2) is there any way to disable the eWP-XWP similar menu items ("Small icons, As placed, Multiple columns, Single column"...) that also are in "View" menu?

System Setup -> Workplace Shell -> "Menu" tab -> page 2

Ouch, here it disables the Sunny Icon menu items :-)

Return to “WPS applications and extenders”