Some suggestions about Sunnyicons

PCM, Piano Launchpad, My Safe, Imagination, ..
Gabriele

Some suggestions about Sunnyicons

Postby Gabriele » Sun Jan 27, 2008 20:07

Hi all, I'm quite happy with the last version of SunnyIcons and Pianopad, but I would be happier if we could have a better integration with eWorkplace-XWorkplace.

1) Sunny Icons replaces the default "Icon view" and "Tree view" tabs in the settings notebooks with its own ones that support png icons. This is good, but better would be if we could modify the type of view not only from the folder properties but also from the folder contextual menu, specifically from the - already existing - sub-items of the "View" menu item.

2) Would be very good if Sunny Icons could respect the "Default folder view" setting value (it is in the "Folder views" tab, in the "Workplace Settings" object), including "Inherit from parent folder".

3) What is "Display folder path", in "Icon size" tabs, in the "Workplace Settings" object, for? Such feature is already part of eWP-XWP since ages (see the "Folder views" tab, in the same "Workplace Settings" object).

Bye

Gabriele

prokushev

Postby prokushev » Fri Feb 08, 2008 06:30

'Display folder path' not same as 'Display full path in titlebar' (sorry, don't know english name). Display folder path turns on folder path showing under menubar. This path can be used for fast navigation to parent folders (not one level up). Also Search feature added to fast object search by the name in the folder.
wbr,
Yuri

cris

Postby cris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:38

prokushev wrote:'Display folder path' not same as 'Display full path in titlebar' (sorry, don't know english name). Display folder path turns on folder path showing under menubar. This path can be used for fast navigation to parent folders (not one level up). Also Search feature added to fast object search by the name in the folder.

Yuri,
I installed the latest runtime (base - dated 20080206), and the latest SunnyIcons (20080202).

I have problems with the "Display folder path" feature:

- folder path is invisible (white on white?) until the window is redrawn due to some other window overlaying it

- if I click on a part of the folder path nothing happens

- I see no evidence of the "Display" submenu in any of the folder context menus I tried

Reading the "whatsnew" file I supposed it should work differently...

Thank you
Bye
Cris

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Sat Feb 09, 2008 14:20

cris wrote:
prokushev wrote:'Display folder path' not same as 'Display full path in titlebar' (sorry, don't know english name). Display folder path turns on folder path showing under menubar. This path can be used for fast navigation to parent folders (not one level up). Also Search feature added to fast object search by the name in the folder.

Yuri,
I installed the latest runtime (base - dated 20080206), and the latest SunnyIcons (20080202).

I have problems with the "Display folder path" feature:

- folder path is invisible (white on white?) until the window is redrawn due to some other window overlaying it

- if I click on a part of the folder path nothing happens

- I see no evidence of the "Display" submenu in any of the folder context menus I tried

Reading the "whatsnew" file I supposed it should work differently...

It works differently here :-) I had to manually unlock pngdesk.dll and pngdesk.nls, runnint install.cmd several times. At the end, it worked well except for this one error:

clsrepl.exe WPDisk WPPngDisk /UNREPLACE
Unreplacement of WPDisk with WPPngDisk failed!
Please, check that both WPDisk and WPPngDisk WPS classes are installed correctly

[...]

PNG Desktop: could not register WPPngDisk class! Please, make sure, that both EC
OLANGE and ECOMEDIA libraries are installed correctly!

Anyway, I see none of your problems!

Gabriele

Postby Gabriele » Sat Feb 09, 2008 14:26

Ok, now I understand it! I just installed version 20080202 and everything seems OK, I'll test it more in the next days :-)

Return to “WPS applications and extenders”