Sunny icons 20071117

PCM, Piano Launchpad, My Safe, Imagination, ..
David McKenna

Sunny icons 20071117

Postby David McKenna » Sun Nov 18, 2007 03:37

I just tried out Sunny Icons and it looks great! I did have a couple of problems:

Install seemed to go fine, then it asks to reset the desktop. I said "Yes", the desktop reset, but then hung after the startup sound with a blank blue screen. Rebooting after CAD showed the install did not complete.

I tried again, this time said 'No' after install and manually rebooted. The install seemed to be complete.

It was not clear at first, but it seems the two pages in the 'Workplace Shell' object on the 'Icon Size' tab are for default icon size and placement in 'Icon View' and 'Tree View'. It might have been clearer if the tab was titled "Default Icon Size' and the pages were titled 'Icon View' and 'Tree View'.

All of the folders are set to show 'Default' icon size and placement (which is set in the 'Workplace Shell' object). I tried changing a folders' icon placement by un-checking 'Default' on the 'Icon View' page of the 'View' tab under 'Properties' for the folder. I was able to change the placement and size. I tried again with a different folder and as soon as I un-checked 'Default', the WPS reset. After this, all attempts to change a folders' icon size caused the WPS to reset.

After a reboot, the first attempt works fine, after that they all fail with a WPS reset.

HTH,

Dave McKenna

David McKenna

Postby David McKenna » Sat Dec 15, 2007 19:34

I just tried the 20071123 version and I have all the same problems except now the WPS resets every time I open, then close 'View' page 2 or 3 of the 'Properties' notebook for any Folder. I do not need to change anything to get this to happen....

HTH,

Dave McKenna

Return to “WPS applications and extenders”